BNY Mellon is searching for an individual who will function as a
Server Coordinator Lead. This individual should have a minimum of 5
years experience within a technology firm.
The lead has the primary responsibility to:
- Serve as liaison between Engineering, Project Managers and
Business Units (BU)
- Schedule discovery meetings with engineers to validate BU hardware
and software requirements.
- Work with Capacity Planning and Storage provisioning to allocate
the appropriate SAN requirements for all servers needing storage
- Track projects progress from inception until turned over for
- Request all new SAN port activations for Server installation,
working with SAN team to identify, configure and enable ports.
- Coordinate all server installations into BNYMellon Data Centers
- Populating Deployment DB with design information -Server
- Request Application specific virtual DNS name (Cluster
-Monitoring and reporting on request queues
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS: AIX/UNIX, Linux, Windows 2008/2003, GSLB
(Global Load Balance),MS Office, Lotus Notes Email, MS Access,
various request systems.
REQUIRED FUNCTIONAL SKILLS: This individual will not be in a 'hands
on' role so familiarity with the above technologies will be extremely
PREFERRED SKILLS: Ideally looking for an individual who has a strong
project coordination/administration/management background who is open
to doing extensive Project Administration. I.e BNYM is very 'request
centric' and ALL requests must be fulfilled, tracked and documented.
OTHER SOFT SKILLS/INTANGIBLES: MUST have good communication, and be a
quick learner. The preferred candidate should possess the following:
Excellent oral and written communication skills; Must be a team
player who works well with technical and non-technical resources;
Ability to take strategic direction from executive management; Must
take initiative; Ability to see tasks through to completion without